The Results Of Research, This Makes The Traveler Is Uncomfortable During The Holidays – Either will go on vacation for a few days, a week or all weekend, we always want to be able to enjoy and maximize your time there in full. However, concerns about the home, job or even things relating to vacation often distracting.
Almost a third (29%) of travelers admit that they worry things will be so bad in the first day of the holidays and think that the first 24 hours passed without any taste (39%). This means that the tourists are always struggling to let go of worry and switch to the “fashion” vacation.
Booking.com, global reservation portals that connect travelers with a variety of places to stay, do some research on over 18.000 people from 25 countries, ask tourists about how their feelings at the beginning of the vacation, to give you tips how to switch to a long vacation mode is sorely missed. And here the results of his research:
Turn On The Holiday Mode
The holidays sometimes can take more time for the beginning of what we expect, and research reveals that this varies on how long it takes people to feel as if being in a vacation mode.
- Accommodation plays a major role with at least one-quarter of travellers (22%) declared it to be as soon as they arrive at the accommodation.
- The other, they need to physically relax first and the transition occurred after they rest/sleep (14%).
- Struggled with clothes and essential things allows them to turn on holiday mode, with one in 10 (12%) say it happened as they unpacked the suitcase.
- And there are some that require more time, with 8% saying that they need a full day of vacation.
- Unfortunately, one in 20 (5%) stated that they never feel in vacation mode.
That Makes Us Tough Get Vacation Mode
In the first 24 hours of the holiday, one in five (20%) stated they are not very free from a sense of worry and 13% did not believe that the first 24 hours is about to relax and reset.
For those who struggle to get into vacation mode, there are several major reasons why. One in five (21%) are worried about their homes-whether about leaving the House empty or worried because apart with their pet. While 16% said they so far too tied up with technology or stay connected with family at home via social media.
This anxiety does not stop there, because the 15% are worried about the cost of the holiday (up to 20% for 18-34 years), and 14% are worried about jobs. More than one in 10 (11%) of stress about the end of vacation even before the start. And 18% of the 18-34 year worry they are not enough to plan their vacations.
Accommodation Options Affect The Vacation Mode
The perfect weather at the destination is one of the reasons that help a traveler is easily moved to the holiday mode (51%).
The places we stay very well acted; suitable accommodation or exceed expectations helped the transition to vacation mode (40%, with a rise of up to 47% for the over 55 years old). Accommodation that feels like home (29%) and the host/concierge are friendly and inviting (24%). Although the stress due to the use of technology, almost one in four travelers (22%) stated that they felt better when there is a WiFi access.
And one of the most influential thing in fashion excite vacation is the hospitality and warm welcome host/concierge at the place of stay. Among the 118 million travelers reviews on Booking.com, the traveler the most mentions of the keywords ‘ warm welcome ‘ is a citizen of Italy, United Kingdom, France, Spain and China.
Tourist reviews and based on the booking.com, some of the accommodation options are known to always give a warm welcome are:
- Elite Guest House, Mostar (Bosnia dan Herzegovina)
- Hotorinite, Yamanakako (Japan)
- Al Piazza Marina B&B, Palermo (Italy)
- Villa Noctis, Ravenna (Italy)
- Kazanskoye Podvorye Hostel, Kazan (Russia)
3 Tips to evoke the holiday Mode
Four out of 10 traveler (38%) say that the first 24 hours during the holidays is the most memorable. And to help the traveler utilize their vacation to the maximum of the first hour, Booking.com has worked with health and lifestyle expert, Sloan Sheridan-Williams, to provide easy and practical tips to tourists in order to switch to the holiday mode more quickly. Following His Tips:
- Nobody likes are lining up, however this is part of the journey. Most of the tourists is a user’s right hand, so please move to the left of the entrance. Few people choose this route because people often move to the right to align the counter area with their dominant hand. You will quickly pass through baggage claim and get a spot at the front.
- Turn off the phone you and focus on the country in which you reside. Let your mind adapts to the surrounding environment. This will cause the response “rest and Digest” that soothe the body. Dispose of all the anxiety and push your mind to calm down.
- Do you stay in the apartments, hostels, ship, or even a tree house, many tourists feel more relaxed and make their accommodations more feels like home. Carry objects such as your favorite mascot’s favorite, hot drinks, midnight mug, personalized pillowcases, journal before bed, or family photos. This way you can try.